Regarding employee record keeping, we have a few questions for you:
- Do you store paper employee documents in filing cabinets?
- When someone in HR is out, do you have difficulty finding what they worked on?
- Can you provide the right level of access to employee files for management and the employees themselves?
- Are vacation requests managed by email and Post-It Notes?
If you answered “yes,” you’re not alone. A top pain point for employers in Southern California and nationwide is record keeping and reporting. However, you can overcome these challenges in three easy steps by working with SBS and using cloud human capital management (HCM) software.
Three Easy Steps
The transition to a paperless HR environment that dramatically improves productivity of both your HR team and all employees includes:
- Employee File Scanning: say goodbye forever to filing cabinets and offsite storage – we can help you determine what needs to be scanned (hint: not everything) and coordinate the scanning of your employee backfile so that all records can be quickly retrieved via electronic search
- Records Retention: scanning your documents is the beginning but all employee records have their own records retention requirements – we can apply them and set up automatic alerts so your team reviews each document when its retention period expires
- Employee Self-Service: further productivity gains are achieved by simply having employees be able to log into a portal, sign documents, update their information and request time off
SBS is a leading payroll provider partner offering iSolved: the leading cloud HCM solution for the mid-market, managing information for over 3 million employees from 45,000 employers. iSolved HCM securely stores employee records and is accessible from any desktop or mobile device with an internet connection, though its security settings allow you to control employee, executive management and IT access to prevent unauthorized access. And because iSolved HCM is a cloud solution, you get billed a modest monthly fee to use the system along with the rest of the service SBS provides to you – there is no capital expense nor a lengthy cost-justification process.
A quick and easy way to get started is to request a consultation from the SBS Payroll, HR and HCM team. We will survey your current systems and processes, identify HR gaps and provide an iSolved HCM demo should that appear to plug the gaps. We can also help you estimate the value of space taken up by filing cabinets, not having to pay for offsite storage, and the productivity gains from never having to search and retrieve paper employee files again. What are you waiting for?Contact SBS Payroll today to learn more about HCM software